Skilled Care allows patients to receive extended care at Guttenberg Municipal Hospital & Clinics. Our facility offers specialized nursing, physical, occupational, respiratory and speech therapy to help you or your loved one achieve optimal health and independence.
Who is Eligible?
Most Skilled Care admissions require a 3-day acute inpatient hospital stay within the last 30 days. Patients who require daily specialized skilled care or are unable to return home safely would benefit from skilled care. Call us at 563-252-5522 to see if you qualify.
Patients Who May Benefit from Skilled Care Services:
- Recent stroke
- Recent cardiac event
- Orthopedic injuries or joint replacement surgery
- Extensive wound care
- Need for IV antibiotics or medications
- Complicated hospital stay with subsequent loss of functional independence
I’m so thankful for the GMHC staff who lovingly cared for me during my stay in Skilled Care. It was such a fun & comfortable healing setting.Maureen, Skilled Care Patient
Skilled Care Patients Will Receive:
- 24-hour nursing care
- Physician-led care with multidisciplinary team updates daily and care conferences when needed
- Pharmacist oversite to review medications, give input to the team about treatment and answer questions patients may have about medications. Patients should bring their medications in the original bottles.
- Personalized rehabilitation and care. The patient may bring their own pajamas, robe and slippers or GMHC can provide if requested. If part of the patient’s therapy plan is to practice dressing it may be helpful to have their own clothing.
- Assistance in arranging follow-up services
Activity Coordinator: All Skilled Care patients are visited by an Activity Coordinator who will determine their interests and help to keep them engaged and active during their stay at the hospital.
Social Services: A social worker visits the patients frequently to identify the social and emotional needs of each patient. The social worker collaborates with the patient, their family and the GMHC staff to coordinate the needs of the patient.
Transition of Care Planning:
The GMHC staff works closely with patients and families to determine the needs the patient may have after discharge. We can help make arrangements for services such as living arrangements, home medical equipment, home health care, and other outpatient services. Our multidisciplinary team, led by a physician and including our social worker, care coordinator, physical and occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, pharmacist and nurse, will meet with the patient and/or family members to discuss and coordinate the transition from the hospital to the home setting.
For More Information About Skilled Care:
Contact us by calling our Social Worker, Lynn, at 563-252-5521 or email: email@example.com
Or by calling our Care Coordinator, Megan, at 563-252-5522 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org