Patient Centered Medical Home
PROUD TO BE YOUR MEDICAL HOME
Cornerstone Family Practice is a designated Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Patient-Centered Medical Home emphasizes the importance of an ongoing patient-doctor relationship for long-term health and uses a team-based approach to improve patient experience and engagement.
Each year Cornerstone Family Practice sustains recognition by demonstrating continuous alignment and support of each of the six key concepts in the PCMH program by submitting an annual report. The report is reviewed by an NCQA Review Oversight Committee and if the requirements are met the practice sustains their recognition status.
- Patient-Centered Access and Continuity – accommodates patient’s appointment needs.
- Team-Based Care and Practice Organization – provide continuity of care in a team-based approach.
- Knowing and Managing Your Patients – identify patients and remind them of needed care.
- Care Management and Support – use of evidence-based guidelines for preventative, acute and chronic care management.
- Care Coordination and Care Transitions – track and coordinate testing, referrals, and care transitions.
- Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement – collect and use performance data for quality improvement activities.