Inpatient Acute Care
When you or your loved one requires hospitalization, you want to keep them close to home. GMHC is prepared to provide high-quality medical care with personal attention to the needs of you and your family.
Your Care Team
We believe in a team approach to healing, with the patient at the center of the team. Your care team works together to help you meet your goals. Your care team may include:
- Providers from Cornerstone Family Practice who share responsibility for directing your care while you are in the hospital
- The nursing staff, including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and patient support specialist
- Care coordinators who work with you, your family and your hospital team to coordinate all aspects of your care and treatment
- Social worker
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Respiratory therapists, lab technicians, radiology technologists
Caring, Comfortable Environment
We know that patients heal better—and feel better—in a private room. Private rooms also help cut down on infection rates while you rest and recover. That’s why all of our spacious patient rooms are private and include a private bathroom and shower.
We also know that loved ones play an important role in the healing process. At GMHC we encourage family and friends to visit and to become involved in the patient’s care. GMHC provides comfortable family support areas and furnishings for family members.
Your loved ones care for you and your wellbeing. During periods of visitation restriction, we offer virtual visitation through phone and video calls. In addition, our thoughtful care team will ensure that frequent updates are provided to your family with your consent.
Learn more about Skilled Care at GMHC.