Family Resource Center Services
The Family Resource Center offers food and a wide variety of items needed for daily living, along with a program to assist patrons in selecting Medicare supplemental insurance. These services are available to all during normal business hours. Clients can call ahead to have items prepacked and ready for pick up if they prefer. Donations are welcome.
- A full-fledged food pantry where individuals and families can obtain food to help supplement their needs. The pantry also has special food boxes at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas time.
Households & Hygiene Items
- Cleaning supplies, hair products, soap, toilet paper, etc. are available as needed.
- Clothes, undergarments, footwear, and winter gear available from infant to adult sizes.
- Blankets, quilts, and pillows are available as needed.
- Tableware, cooking pots and utensils, small appliances, etc. are available as needed.
- Blankets, bottles, formula, diapers, wipes, cream, etc. are available as needed.
- Random items that may be on hand include toys, activity/learning items for infants, decorations, lamps, books, etc.
Home Modification Items
- Individuals can borrow walkers, canes, toilet risers, shower chairs, wheelchairs, etc. as they are available.
- Bigger items, like furniture and appliances, are not stored at the Family Resource Center. Rather, if an individual has one to donate, we will take their name and phone number and connect them with an individual that is looking for that item.
Signup for Medicare/SHIIP Counseling
- SHIIP stands for Senior Health Insurance Information Program and is a service of the State of Iowa. SHIIP and its volunteers provide free-of-charge counseling and information to people with questions about Medicare, Medicare supplement insurance, long term care insurance, and other health insurance. If you are turning 65 or need to discuss a different drug plan on Medicare, call to make an appointment to discuss your options. A reminder, you must obtain your Medicare card from the Social Security Administration office before signing up for Medicare.